Fan Experience Executive
Organisation: Hull KR
Type of Contract: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £19,000 per year
Closing date: 9am Monday 11th October 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of full time Fan Experience Executive at Hull KR
The person appointed will support the ticketing department and fan experience team to deliver the highest standard of service for all fans of Hull KR, reporting to the Ticket and Membership Manager.
The role will demand a professional approach and you will be expected to work flexibly around gamedays and the opening hours of the Fan Experience Zone.
How to apply
The full job description for the role can be accessed below:
To apply please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Hull Kingston Rovers, Hull College Craven Park, Preston Road, Hull, HU9 5HE marked ‘For the attention of HR’.
Funded PhD Opportunity - Uncovering the biomechanical mechanisms of concussion in professional rugby league
Concussion is an issue in many contact sports. In order to guide player protection strategies in rugby league, we first must uncover the biomechanical mechanism of concussion. This PhD project aims to understand this through combining video footage, computational modelling, GPS and instrumented mouthguard (iMG) data from professional players. iMGs are equipped with accelerometers and gyroscopes to measure the linear and rotational kinematics during head impact and acceleration events.
The candidate will be based at Hull KR rugby league club (England). Thus, this PhD provides a unique opportunity for a PhD researcher to gain experience in both academia and elite-level sport.
- To hold, or expect to achieve by 15 August, an Upper Second Class Honours (2:1) Degree or equivalent from a UK institution (or overseas award deemed to be equivalent via UK NARIC) in a related or cognate field.
- A comprehensive and articulate personal statement
- A demonstrable interest in the research area associated with the studentship
If the University receives a large number of applicants for the project, the following desirable criteria may be applied to shortlist applicants for interviews.
- Research project completion within taught Masters degree or MRES
- Practice-based research experience and/or dissemination
- Experience using research methods or other approaches relevant to the subject domain
- Work experience relevant to the proposed project
Funding and eligibility
This project is funded by: Hull Kingston Rovers
Funded PhD – Hull Kingston Rovers, Hull College Craven Park, Hull.
• The funded scholarship will cover tuition fees and will make a maintenance allowance available (£16,049 per annum).
• UK/EU nationals and those meeting the residency requirements for UK/EU may apply
• Non-EU nationals must be ‘settled’ in the UK by the closing date of the application or have been ordinarily resident in the UK for purposes other than study for the past three years in order to be eligible for an award.
• Applicants who already hold a doctoral degree or who have been registered on a programme of research leading to the award of a doctoral degree on a full-time basis for more than one year (or part-time equivalent) are NOT eligible to apply for an award.
For more details click here.