Stadium set to go cashless and ticketless
As we prepare for your safe return to Hull College Craven Park, Hull Kingston Rovers are delighted to announce a number of major steps forward for the club, with the stadium set to be fully cashless and ticketless in 2021.
The moves, which will not only ensure greater shorter term covid-19 secure compliance, will also future proof the stadium and operations for generations to come with the following changes implemented ahead of the new season:
- Extension of retail, ticketing and membership card only policy – the trial towards the end of 2020 proved successful, ensuring greater covid-19 compliance and quicker speed of service.
- Food and drink kiosks and bars to be card only – all catering areas of the stadium are undergoing technology upgrades as part of our new partnership with Sporting Pay. The changes will significantly speed up service across the stadium.
- Digital membership cards – 2021 membership cards will be issued digitally to members…
The QR code-based technology will allow users to store their membership card in their smart phone wallet for quick and easy use. Supporters without smart phones can print off their QR code at home to scan upon arrival. Likewise, supporters with families, younger children, or older relatives can upload multiple membership codes to one device so you can scan your whole party through on game day.
The change will remove the need for supporters to make an unnecessary trip to the stadium to collect their membership card during the current restrictions.
Additionally, it will also offer you easier options to upload access to friendly fixtures, home Challenge Cup and play-off tickets directly to your phone. It will also offer greater flexibility to share your membership with family and friends should you not be able to attend a game.
Full details of the rollout, will be announced soon – 2021 members are informed that for games with capacity restrictions in place, separate digital match tickets will be issued and therefore their membership card is not needed.
- Home match tickets – All match tickets will move to the mobile platform with no paper match tickets available.
- Away match tickets – When our supporters can safely travel to support the team on the road, away match tickets will be available from hullkr.co.uk/tickets only. With the reduced Fan Experience Zone opening hours, tickets will not be available in store, however, away match tickets will be available to click and collect.
The exciting changes will not only speed up and improve service for supporters but ensure a much slicker, ‘contact free’ journey to help safeguard against any future variants of covid-19. This will ensure the stadium remains compliant and open to the maximum possible capacity at all times.
Thanks for the support – 2021 members will receive additional information regarding applying to attend fixtures soon.
Before contacting the club with any queries please read our handy Digital Ticketing FAQs here.Back To Latest News +