JOB VACANCY – HEAD CHEF
Hull Kingston Rovers are looking for a Head Chef to lead the catering team with Hull KR Events.
Position: Head Chef,
Salary: Annual Salary – depending on experience,
Reports to: General Manager.
- Create and produce menus to the high quality expected, ensuring all food production is of the highest standard.
- Provide management and financial information as well as stock figures.
- Ensure compliance with all food hygiene and health and safety legislation and best practice.
- To plan for events and ensure that all areas are prepared and set up for match day and non-match events.
- Work closely with the Sales team to plan and deliver customer requirements.
- Assist with all administrative duties including goods received notes and correct invoicing.
- Manage the kitchens team and Agency chefs.
- Ability to manage a team and produce rota.
- To be able to negotiate with Suppliers for best products at best cost prices.
- Effectively manage kitchen areas, ensuring stock rotation.
- Work closely with the management team on producing and reviewing kiosk menus and cleanliness of all concourse Food & Beverage.
- Managing your time effectively and be flexible to cover the business demands.
- Any other relevant duties.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Relevant industry professional catering qualifications and evidence of continuous development.
- Minimum of three years working in a responsible role in a similar, high volume, customer focussed environment.
- Knowledge of budgeting, stock and margin control.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Good understanding of financial implications and margin control.
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the management of statutory requirements.
- Experience of organising Match day, Non Match day hospitality functions and events.
- Have a thorough understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations as a minimum.
- Hold a basic food hygiene certificate.
- Experience of providing excellent customer experience
- Experience of budget/cost management.
- Experience of working with colleagues at all levels throughout the club.
- Communications and IT experience.Closing date 31st March.
Interviews will be conducted on within the first week of April.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to Events@hullkr.co.uk.